[Terrapreta] bamboo biochar?

MFH mfh01 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 27 16:25:39 CDT 2008

There are two basic types of bamboo, "clumping" and "running".

Clumping bamboos spread slowly from the initial root mass and are relatively
easy to control. Running bamboos spread rapidly under the surface through
their rhizomes and can re-emerge haphazardly and at considerable distances.
They can be frustrating to try and control. In a domestic garden their
spread can be limited by using metal of similar barriers buried in the soil.

Max H

  _____