[Terrapreta] Strong warning against "simple" charcoal kilns

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 23:03:31 CDT 2008

Sean

How much methane does a forest fire put into the atmosphere?

How much methane does the massive slash and burn conducted in Indonesia produce?

How do you prevent methane from igniting close to an ignition source so that it might escape and then leisurely act in the new role as a greenhouse gas?

regards

arclein