[Terrapreta] new diy gasification and terra preta article at reason.com

jim mason jimmason at whatiamupto.com
Mon Apr 28 17:07:06 CDT 2008

an article just came out on reason.com (the libertarian think tank / news
source) that recounts the curious tale of our path into gasification and
terra preta around the shipyard in berkeley, ca.   it is an entertaining
story, but one ultimately with some interesting realizations about the
nature of individual scale power generation and conversion.

for those of you who haven't heard the story, our path into all things power
started 7 years ago when the city of berkeley shut off our power in response
to code violations from shipping container based buildings.  it turned out
to be the most valuable "punishment" i've ever received.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/125441.html