[Terrapreta] Rice husk + fungi trial

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 5 15:49:28 CST 2008

I know what you are saying.  But who is going to subsidize it,
especially before there is a body of  scientific experimentation that
backs up our hopes/claims?  Besides, the competition for selling
carbon credits will get fierce what with the oil companies (the
rhinoceros!) claiming that they have the cheapest method of doing it,
by pumping it underground.  Their 'spin' machine is already working
full-time to convince the governments of their ability to do it most
effectively.

But if you know of anybody who has a bad conscience about their
carbon footprint, I can send them an address in Thailand of
agricultural workers - who are working in sustainable agriculture -
to whom they can send some money to buy, pulverize and incorporate
into soil charcoal for trial plots.

Here in Canada, I focus on exploring market opportunities for biochar/
charcoal that have a chance of proving cost-effective, just as John
Flotvik is trying to develop his special fertilizer for the marketplace.

Gerrit