[Terrapreta] new studies on GHG footprint of biofuels darkens the picture

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 7 22:04:33 CST 2008

The plant that BP (British Petroleum) and Monsanto are betting on?
Miscanthus, yielding 15 ODT/acre.   You plant it once, and then
harvest it for 30 years.  No fertilization required...

BP has budgeted $500,000,000 through 3 institutions of higher
learning to cover its breeding, cultivation and processing as
cellulosic alchohol.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007/07/study-miscanthu.html

Monsanto just bought into Tinplant - the world's largest collection
of Miscanthus germplasm.

http://www.freshnews.com/news/fresh-money/article_37282.html?Biotech

If I had a pyrolysis plant, I'd be figuring out if I could handle
Miscanthus...

Gerrit