[Terrapreta] Terra cotta roofing tiles and TP, a story

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 02:53:22 CST 2008

I may have mentioned I found a hoard of Terracotta Roofing Tiles used to
fill a local building site.

1.  They are very tough; much more so I think, than Terra cotta pots.
2.  I have been smashing them with a hammer in a heavy duty sack.
3.  That does not seem to working  too well - you need to see what you are
smashing.
4.  I did this, and in my enthusiasm,  a fragment flew out and chipped my
front tooth.
5.  A steady slow hamming is probably all that is necessary. If you see
sparks it is probably too much
or the TC is too hard
6. I think TC tiles are fired at a much higher temp. than Amazonian TC.
 It is  Hard stuff
7. When I am committed to the local Insanity ward Who on the list will speak
for me?

--
Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf