[Terrapreta] new studies on GHG footprint of biofuels darkens the picture

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 07:17:45 CST 2008

          from          Lewis L Smith

Dr. Alex G. Alexander's experiments with Napier grass [ also called "elephant
grass", as is miscanthus ]   suggested that replanting after three years was
optimum, when it is managed as an "energy grass" and not for cattle fodder.

So I am surprised to see someone advocating replanting after a period as long
as 30 years. Has any one actually tried this cycle in comparison with
alternatives ?   If they did, they would have had to plant no later than 1978, which
is precisely the date on which Dr. Alexander began his work in this area, and
I don't recall any "competition" at the time.

Can any help us on this ?

Cordially.   ###

Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548)