[Terrapreta] Critical thinking (continued)

Jim Joyner jimstoy at dtccom.net
Tue Feb 19 10:39:31 CST 2008

Thanks Richard.

I posted the link to Crighton's article because I thought it was thought
provoking -- still do. But it was only  appropriate to the many
discussions about global warming, atmospheric CO2, hybrid or electrical
vehicles  . . . the environment in general . . . and, regrettably, had
little to do with Terra Preta. My apologies.

The fact is, the title of this list is "Terra Preta", the dark soils.
I'm sure there are plenty lists out there that deal with saving the
world, with global warming and if it is man made. But these have little
to do with the sustainable use of Terra Preta. While there may be many
side benefits and implicatkions of TP, these should not be (IMHO) the
focus of this list. And, as Richard makes clear, the focus of this list
should be on terra preta, how it might best be used in a way that is
environmentally friendly, economically viable, and socially responsible.

Jim