[Terrapreta] work involving terra preta and EM fertilizer in the Ecuadorian Amazon

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Thu Feb 28 06:27:19 CST 2008

John -

Can I ask what your mean by "EM fertilizer"?

Are you making a high fertility ferment  with EM and applying that to the soil?

If so, what is the recipe?

If you are not making a fertilizer with EM and other inputs, then I
ask you to note that EM fulfills the microbial inoculation stage of
terra preta development but does not fulfill the fertilization stage
of EM development (traditionally filled by high nutrient solutions of
fish waste and various manures (apparently)

EM, in and of itself, is not a fertilizer and is not marketed as
afertilizer but is often assumed by users to be a fertilizer.

That's why I mention this.

Please tell me more about what you are doing.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV