[Terrapreta] Fw: Nature Story on journal Climatic Change Editorial

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Fri Jan 11 10:03:37 CST 2008

Thanks Peter,

That's a very insightful summary of ways that photosynthesis plays, and
could play  with help from humans, a role in carbon "stocking" sinks.

I made a submission to the Parliament of Canada with respect to your fourth
one which has been posted to this list previously.  They were undertaking a
review of how Canada might meet its Kyoto commitment. The organizers of the
review committee translated it to French and circulated it to about a
hundred participants.

http://www.computare.org/Support%20documents/Fora%20Input/Wood%20Product%200
5_02.htm

Although there was no discussion of the concept in the final report from the
Committee, and I had no responses, indicating to me a lack of understanding
on their part, it is hard to fault them for that. After all they are
typically elected for a term or two of about four years. They have a broad
range of issues to consider and little time to really consider the
complexities of climate change and possibilities for managing carbon dioxide
emissions.  They are also bombarded with proposals of little merit from an
army of assorted stakeholders from industry and environmental organizations
who have vested interests to protect. It's no wonder our Members of
Parliament are confused.

 I apologize to other list members for using a little bandwidth to repost
the link to my Parliamentary submission.

Always humbly,

Duane Pendergast