[Terrapreta] eprida char - organic?

John G. Flottvik jovick at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 16 11:56:14 CST 2008

Hi Tom,,Allan & List.

First, the reason I am to (try) to certify my product is to capture a part
of the Organic Market. Why, because we have a program called the 100 mile
diet. This means people want to eat only food grown within 100 miles of
where they live. Reason, to not have to depend plains, trains and large
trucks (pollution) to deliver our food products for thousands, or multi
thousands of miles while spewing out CO2. This is becoming fairly popular
here in British Columbia.
Some on the list want only pure, or straight charcoal. We can do that as
well once we get set up and operating. I think to become successful we have
to cover all the arms of marketing with Pure Charcoal, Activated Carbon and
our own brand of JF BioCarbon soil amendment.

As Tom knows I have gone through a bit of a set back of late, but its time
to pull up my Norwegian socks and move on. First of course I have to find
funding, then set up the bagging line and go from there.

As for terra preta, Except for a handful of guys, most of us don't have to
much knowledge about what will happen in different soil and dirt, that's why
we need to experiment with all kinds of product(s) If we don't do these
trials wheatear they fail or succeed, we will never know.

John Flottvik

JF BioCarbon products.