[Terrapreta] Trench Method?

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 29 08:39:34 CST 2008

There are two ways to fight infiection: one by killing it directly,
and two merely by crowding it out with competition.

One bacteria - Clostridium Difficile - has been one of the most
difficult to eliminate from the human gut.  People can suffer it for
years with continual diarrhea.  Now doctors have discovered that the
way to cure it is simply to take fresh feces from a close relative
and transplant it into the sick patient.  Within a day or two, the
patient is perfectly well!

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/11/13/fecal-transplant.html

Of course, I can't guarantee that this idea - by making the soil
healthier, perhaps through a combination of charcoal and compost -
would work with the one you have...

Gerrit