[Terrapreta] biochar and no-till

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Jul 1 17:36:59 CDT 2008

Dear May

How do you propose to grind or pulverize your charcoal? What approximate size range are you targeting?

Applying fine dry charcoal would be a messy job, with probable driftage losses. You may wish to consider making a slurry with water, and then spraying the water/charcoal mix. Alternatively, you may wish to consider making your mulch very moist, and then pre-mixing the charcoal powder with the mulch, and then apply the mulch on the ground surface.

Best wishes,

Kevin