[Terrapreta] Soil Science

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Jun 1 10:35:11 CDT 2008

Hi Michael,

It seems to my atheist predilections, that we don't have a clue about what is happening under our feet. Nor do we even have good scientific techniques for surveying or assessing this.

Do you think it is possible that saying something like this might offend any of the soil scientists and agronomists on this list?  They certainly would protest that they do in fact have some good scientific techniques for surveying or assessing this.  I know Dr's Steiner and Lehmann have even presented papers showing some of these scientific techniques in the archives on this list.