[Terrapreta] expansion

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Mon Jun 2 16:22:58 CDT 2008

Dear Sean

The gentleman's comments should be seen in the context in which they
were made. Here are teh circumstances and here is what he said, quoting
from the end of the Article:

"During a break, I asked Dr. Rowland two quick questions. The first:
Given the nature of the climate and energy challenges, what is his best
guess for the peak concentration of carbon dioxide?

(Keep in mind that various experts and groups have said risks of
centuries of ecological and economic disruption rise with every step
toward and beyond 450 parts per million, with some scientists, most
notably James Hansen of NASA, saying the long-term goal should be
returning the atmospheric concentration to 350 parts per million
<http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/19/back-to-1988-on-co2-says-nasas-hansen/>,
a level passed in 1988.)

His answer? "1,000 parts per million," he said.

My second question was, what will that look like?

"I have no idea," Dr. Rowland said. He was not smiling."

Kevin