[Terrapreta] expansion

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Jun 2 19:08:18 CDT 2008

Hi Kurt,

As I said the formula for F change versus CO2 concentration change (5.35 * ln(Ct/C0)) would predict a 5.08F increase (9.14 C increase)in temperature over now if atmospheric CO2 concentration were to rise from 387 ppm now to 1000 ppm in the future (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiative_forcing<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiative_forcing>).

The species loss estimate are in the fossil record.  I heard on National Public Radio just the other day that species loses of 70% of all plant species and 25% of all ammmels are expected in the next 2 or 3 decades, with just the expected heating by then.

You like to think my claims are hysterical.  I did not say 1000 ppm.  I said the expected effects of 1000 ppm.  These are extrapolated from KNOWN effects.  This is my opinion and it is widely shared by many, many hundreds of scientists who study this for a living.

So, doubt me if you like,  ...  but when you do I think you cast doubt on many who would know far better than you.