[Terrapreta] no instantaneousness = no overnight

francoise precy f.precy at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 02:45:35 CDT 2008

Hi Larry,

"Francoise-------Give me a break..." :-) the request for sensibility I wouldn't even have thought of addressing to you. polite attentive interest (and neat data, but that's just a side-effect). Am not commenting on British boarding schools, got enough to say on French ones.

"... the fresh Weber made charcoal (in a 5 gal bucket of about 20 water to 1 urine, Nooksack River rock dust and comfrey leaves-Borage family) sunk after being in the "juice" for about two weeks, i.e. the charcoal hydrated. This has been the shortest time that it took to hydrate pieces of charcoal that I have accomplished.
> What does this mean? It may mean that this is as close to "instant" as it gets."

... would the rock dust have anything to do with it? I dropped a bag the other week, it's pretty heavy. But then it also tends to fall at the bottom of the bucket, so I don't know. Did you stir the thing during soaking period?