[Terrapreta] US Senate and global warming (cap and trade legislation)

folke Günther folkeg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:13:17 CDT 2008

*The opponents say:*

Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky called it "a giant tax on
virtually every aspect of the economy," and accused Democrats of being
"laughably out of touch" in taking up the bill when the country is reeling
from $4 a gallon gasoline and other high energy costs.

President Bush said at a White House event that the measure amounted to "a
huge spending bill fueled by tax increases" and that it "would impose
roughly $6 trillion in new costs on the American economy."
*But, why not use the tax money to pay sequesters? 600 dollars per
ton*(Swedish carbon dioxide tax times 3.77,
divided by 6) *charcoal buried would open a Klondyke of charcoal
sequestration! And give a good push to the dwindling American economy.
FG
*
2008/6/2 Ron Larson <rongretlarson at comcast.net>:

>  terra preta list members:
>
>     The Global Warming debate has finally begun (5 minutes ago) in the US
> Senate.  I don't see a direct connection to biochar - but there could be a
> huge indirect connection (and I will be looking to see a more direct
> connection).
>
>     Some fraction of you may be able to follow this on CSPAN2.  President
> Bush has promised to veto on - so we are in for a long period of watching.
> Hope you will write your Senators if you get a chance.
>
> Ron

NB :Send your mails to folkeg at gmail.com, not to holon.se
Folke Günther
Kollegievägen 19