[Terrapreta] Char hydration

Brian Hans bhans at earthmimic.com
Tue Jun 3 10:33:58 CDT 2008

Adding pressure (and temp) to the system, once could more quickly hydrate carbon by forcing 'liquid stuff' into the porous nooks and crannies that is charcoal.

  Ignoring real world costs, if one wanted to do bench top lab work tests, a DOE of pressure tests could give someone realistic projections on what the uptake #/time would be.

  FWIW file.

  Brian

Greg and April <gregandapril at earthlink.net> wrote:
  The papers I received from Dr Antal, does indeed say that this is the case
there is also some indication that what the parent material is may also have
an influence as well.

If your interested, it shouldn't be to hard to pull up some of the relevant
statements.

Greg H.