[Terrapreta] expansion

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 11:07:58 CDT 2008

Lou,

I think that one thing that everyone that makes these statements overlooks, is mans ability to adapt.

Man has lived and still lives ( for all of historical history and beyond ) in deserts that already is more than 5* C higher than the average world temp, and these are folks that are usually primitive that don't have the advantage of modern technology.    Man as a species in historical times has already seen changes of at least 5* C just going from the height of the Medieval Warm Period to depths of the Little Ice Age and back to the present.

Remember, fossil records indicate that during times of high CO2, plant life flourished and the number of species ( plant ) usually increased.

Just because temperature increases, there is no reason to believe that the world is going to turn to desert in fact, all you have to do is look at the relative humidity and see that it has remained fairly constant over the years  -  this indicates that the either the temperature is not increasing like people say or that the amount of water in the atmosphere has increased.

Methane in ice core samples from Greenland indicate increased rates of falling moisture, during warming events.

Until someone can prove that man ( the most adaptable species in the world ) would not be able to adapt in the face of increased world temperatures, it's just another version of " The sky is falling "    While a 10* C increase might be a pain in the ass, it just does not scare me - and there is no reason for it to.