[Terrapreta] tipping point

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Wed Jun 4 14:46:57 CDT 2008

Hi Lou, et al,

I agree 1000% (that's one thousand percent!) with what you just said, Lou.  Awareness of the imminent problems of GW/GCC and the dangers of continuing to use fossil carbon energy sources and the emitting of gigatons of CO2 into the atmosphere has to be brought to the fore.  Terra Preta is exactly the kind of viable method for trying to deal with the rising CO2 concentrations that is needed.  It is as pertinent to speak about this in this room as the day is bright, the sky is blue, gravity exists, and agricultural soils need to be improved.

Never does anyone dismiss improving agricultural soils as OFF-TOPIC on this list.  Michael Bailles just said the other day that GCC and GW are valid and topical to this site.  Kurt, Kevin, and Greg, maybe before you continue to attempt to slay the messengers on this issue with your insulting and sometimes irrelevant diatribe; that is attacking and trying to censor guys like me, Lou Gold, Bill McGibbon, Jim Hansen, etc. maybe you ought to read some more outside sources?  Maybe you might form an opinion based on not needing to call me hysterical?