[Terrapreta] (commentary) Google News Alert - terra preta

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 06:40:26 CDT 2008

My google tracker sent me the item below.
It's an article via Inter Press Service from
the alternate food folks meeting in Rome.
As you might know, they have adopted the
name Terra Preta and this is an alliance mostly
from the militant grass-roots left.

I wanted to see the connection, so I used the
internal search for the following key words:

agrichar
biochar
terra+preta+de+indios
terra+preta+nova

There were absolutely no articles related to any of the above.
The agenda is dominated by people-are-starving-because-of-the-corporations.

So, I just wanted to balance out what might appear (from me) as an
unbalanced criticism aimed at the Republicans, et al. Actually, I thinking
that all the ideologues -- left, right, libertatrian, whatever --
are pretty out-to-lunch on the TP/Biochar cause.

Google News Alert for: *terra preta*

 DEVELOPMENT: About Farmers, Without
Farmers<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp%3Fidnews%3D42636&ct=ga&cd=57VI0He9g90&usg=AFQjCNH5pqm1WtSta3AcRXJuk9ZkcnNC6g>
Inter Press Service (subscription) - Rome,Italy
The civil society forum *Terra Preta* (black soil, in Portuguese) has been
organised by the International Planning Committee (IPC), a global network of
NGOs *...*
 See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp%3Fidnews%3D42636>