[Terrapreta] Where do you get it?

folke Günther folkeg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 03:57:46 CDT 2008

2008/6/5 Kurt Treutlein <rukurt at westnet.com.au>:

> I've raised this question before, and so have others. If we consider the
> large scale production of charcoal, to be used for TP, where is the
> biomass feedstock to come from?

*I** certainly think that if a tax is raised on carbon dioxide emissions and
the same (or at least a similar) amount is paid to those that sequester
carbon (as charcoal, which is 3.77 kg more carbon per kilo as the carbon
conten of carbon dioxide), then the wole invention capacity of mankind would
be released, and certainly a lot of feedstock would be found.
I rather think that the inverse problem would occur: that more biomass that
the carrying capacity would be harvested. Therefore I think that an
(international?) body need to be raised, so that takng out biomass that is
damging the ecological system wold lead to a detention of payment, which may
imply a use of benign methods.
FG
*

--