[Terrapreta] Frenzy - wordsmithing, humour, no TP value

Gary Barei garyb1957 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:52:33 CDT 2008

OK, this one time, I'll bite --- wordsmithing

We've all gotten so politically correct, technically competent, hell,
media-savy and diplomatic!!

If it looks like shit, and it smells like shit, and it tastes like shit
........ Momma says ... it probably is SHIT!

So, let's cook it up, say 500 degrees Fahrenheit, no oxygen allowed ...
black gravelly / powderly looking stuff  ...

Hmmmmmmmmm ....

Looks like : a soil amendment,  maybe a water and  ion  retentive,  a
microbial  heaven  on earth  (literally), a CO2 trap  ....
Smells like: well, hell ... it doesn't smell ... except for that sweet
organic, grassy, earthy,  we had the best time in the corn rows (sorry, I
digress)....
Tastes like:  Well, it just tastes good, natural I guess, plants loved it
... less herbicides, fertilizer and pain ... and we all did it in a crappy
way, if you get my drift!

SO - what does Momma say now?  Same as ever!!!  Look, Smell, Taste --- how
is your local, regional, national politician, taking Momma's good advice?

I'm afraid to do the math, but 6 Billion of us must have, say, minimum, 250
gm of "night soil, bio-sludge, post-processed biomass, nutrient depleted
excrement" to contribute daily  ... somebody post the number ... I'm too
afraid to launch the calculator.... What if we pyrolysed it?
..............oops, say it out loud!

ENERGY
POOP/NUTRIENTS (yeah, I mention that, but most like to look the other way!
~LOL~, so many goodies left over!)
BIOCHAR - soil me, drop me in the river .... I wish I could sing the blues

How to save the planet?  ...  Laugh at the above, and get serious about
tomorrow's choices.........

My 2 cents, Canadian, at the time of posting, global market calamity trading
in currency notwithstanding.  Thanks!

BTW, I bought oil at $79 US last  November ... Dumped it recently, but it
makes me sadder, every day :-(

There it is!  La Poo Point!