[Terrapreta] Puzzle

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 16 12:13:55 CDT 2008

Not necessarily.

A part of it may be that it's not so much hydrophobic, as the pores may be sealed, preventing water entry.

In the paperwork sent to me by Dr. Michael Antal, he and several others has studied how temperature affects the pore size, ( and if I understand it correctly, many pores may even be sealed, by the effects of high temperature 'glazing' ).

If this is true, then char may not be truly hydrophobic.

Greg H.