[Terrapreta] CO2 in the oceans off topic?

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:56:13 CDT 2008

Yes agreed.
Scientists here are giving the Great Barrier Reef only 10-20 years before
the acid in the sea, kills the whole thing. The largest marine organism on
Earth?
Coral is already getting soft and pliable.
for some reason recent heavy rains in Queensland have helped. the situation
However sea temperatures on the East Coast of Australia are rising at a very
alarming rate.
 I think I saw figures of 2-3C being badied about on Catalyst (ABC TV
Science Show). Whereas the western coast sea temps have only risen 1/2C.

What happens when you get a lage eruption or "Earth Burp" of CO2 as happened
in that lake in Africa some time ago? That killed a lot of people.
It is all very well to pump CO2 into the sea or to the earth but you have
got to know it is going to stay there.
Recently our loony (Howard) government gave Exxon Mobile $60 million to
sequester CO2 bought up from the massive (biggest?) Gorgon Gas Field in WA.
Like they really need a handout?
A map of the fields is here
http://www.chemlink.com.au/gas.htm