[Terrapreta] CO2 in the oceans

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Jun 21 08:50:41 CDT 2008

Kevin and Marc:   Where may I go to find the Gore and Hansen distortions of which you speak?  (Citations with page numbers.)  My perception is that both (and ice core scientists like Lonnie Thompson) have clearly stated (with both theoretical and experimental evidence) that temperature and CO2 are self-reinforcing.  Do you really believe that CO2 cannot raise temperature?   Any citation that I can look up on  that conclusion?

Kevin said today:  <If Gore finds that it is necessary to distort ice core data in order to get the conclusion he wants, and if Hansen arrives at the same conclusion as Gore could only arrive at by distorting data, logic would say that Hansen is wrong also.>

Marc said yesterday:  < Ice core data clearly shows that mean temperature determines CO2
> concentration, and not the reverse. There's a lag of about 800 years
> between a temperature change and a corresponding change in CO2
> concentration. Those two curves - CO2 and temperature - are the ones
> used by Gore in An Inconvenient Truth...only he shifts them in time
> so that they appear to coincide. Not the only lie in that movie, but
> certainly the crucial one.

Ron