[Terrapreta] Farm/compost biochar

Dick Gallien dickgallien at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 22:47:22 CDT 2008

Hi Mark,
Wish you were as close as the 11' dia.X 42' steel fuel tank I found 5 mi.
from home.  Even though it has been sitting for years, surrounded by  const.
equipment, with trees growing through and around them, it won't be easy, if
possible, to buy.

What are the dimensions and thickness of your tanks?  When you say
fiberglass lined, I think of Harvestore silos, which are bolted together.
Are these above ground?  Is the fiberglass the reason no one scraps them?

Had 7 responses to this post and all were private.  Hate to waste such
thoughtful comments on one person, especially when someone else might get a
crazy idea.

To another suggestion: I looked at shipping containers and they sure are
plentiful, but didn't think they would hold up as well to heat and they
aren't as high, for getting inside with a loader.

I mentioned the Adam retort because in my short search and from the few
photos, it gave me the idea as to how a larger horizontal retort might
work.  The price for plans is surely beyond me, but if we get this tank
going and survive, I'll gladly report the rest of the story, whether anyone
wants to hear it or not---free.

Thanks for the help,  Dick