[Terrapreta] [biochar] RE: re Cameron Smith has some questions

folke Günther folkeg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 06:18:17 CDT 2008

*Sorry, but it's even worse: The right figure is* *eight billion tons of
carbon
That is, **Twenty-nine billion tons of carbon dioxide
You can not fight that with charring only, you also have to reduce the
emissions by about 90% (1 Gt C/year). Then, if you are good at it, and
increase the charring to about  two billion tonnes of carbon per year, you
may reach a somewhat safe level, 350 ppm, in about
 70 years
**
S*orry for the screaming
FG
**

 *Humans are adding over **eight billion tons of carbon dioxide to the

--
NB :Send your mails to folkeg at gmail.com, not to holon.se
Folke Günther