[Terrapreta] methane, cowfarts and charcoal in the feedlot & Diapers

Shengar at aol.com Shengar at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 05:37:53 CST 2008

Here's a consumer marketing idea;
Carbon Negative Diapers:
Since they already have water holding polymers, just add charcoal ,( should
help with the smell), and use other biodegradable materials. Then just toss on
 the pre-inoculated diapers as mulch in the garden.

Just for fun I leave you with The Terra Preta Prayer;

The Terra Preta Prayer

Our Carbon who art in  heaven,
Hallowed be thy name
By kingdom come, thy will be done, IN the  Earth to make it Heaven.
It will give us each day our daily bread and  forgive us our atmospheric
trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass  against the Kyoto protocols
And lead us not into fossil fuel temptation, but  diliver us from it's evil
low as we walk through the valley of the shadow of  Global Warming,
I will feel no evil, your Bio-fuels and fertile microbes  will comfort me,
For thine is the fungal kingdom,
and the microbe power,
and the Sequestration Glory,
For ever and ever (well at least 2000  years)
AMEN

Climate Change

Climate change is a  serious event,
We cannot say it is heaven sent,
Though in the sky the  heat's contained,
Our actions are the ones to blame,
The carbon fuels we  daily burn,
We really don't have much concern,
"It's just so little and  the world is so big",
We don't care a feather or a fig,
But slowly like  the hare and tortoise,
The heat creeps up and rigor mortis,
Sets in to our  continuing wasteful ways,
We don't even notice the gathering haze,
The  rising waters, the deserts expand,
The violent winds, the useless lands,
A  mockery we have made of our Earth,
But the joke is on us, for all it is  worth.

_adrianakau at aol.com_ (mailto:adrianakau at aol.com)

A Little Riddle;

I am renewable;
I am a chemical element;
as a fuel I am often less  expensive ($/GJ) than natural gas;
my energy density (GJ/m3) can exceed that  of ethanol or LPG;
and my combustion does not add to the CO2 in the  atmosphere;
I am easily stored and safe to transport;
I clean the water  you drink and the air you breathe;
Plants grow best in soils that are  enriched with me;
I am a key ingredient in the production of  semiconductors;
When eaten I settle an upset stomach and clean the  intestines; and
No one is afraid of me!
What am I?

Cheers,
Erich