[Terrapreta] Selling Biochar in Climate Change Markets

Folke Günther folke at holon.se
Tue Mar 4 04:00:14 CST 2008

1.	In my blog, you can find some calculations on the necessary and
physically feasible amounts of char
2.	The amounts needed are s large that I don’t think they are feasible
without a good payment of putting char into soils

a.	This is possible if a tax cold be set on carbon dioxide emissions
(Already done in several countries, among other my own: Sweden)
b.	And this tax is paid to people who sequester on a “carbon for
carbon” basis. That would imply that a carbon sequesterer would get 3.67
times the carbon dioxide tax
c.	To manage this potentially enormous bureaucracy, you need a national
or international fund (Global Sequestration Fund, GSF :-))   that no only
manage the money, but also supervises the conduct of the sequesterers. (No
ravaging and the like).

This is mentioned in my article, earlier made downloadable to this forum

FG

---

Folke Günther

Kollegievägen 19

224 73 Lund, Sweden

home/office: +46 46 14 14 29

cell:               0709 710306  skype:  folkegun

Homepage:     http://www.holon.se/folke
blog: http://folkegunther.blogspot.com/

  _____