[Terrapreta] imagine this

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 16:39:40 CST 2008

          from          Lewis L Smith

I very much applaud David's comments about the importance to trust, as a
former [   participant in securities markets, a longtime owner of participation's
in GNMA [ "Ginnie Mae" } mortgage pools and [ briefly ] a part owner of an
outfit which originated mortgages and sold them to banks. Also one of my best
friends is a retired mortgage-company official who managed "work outs" or
referrals to courts, when people fell behind in their payments.

My general impression is that the mortgage industry's procedures are too
arcane and complex for the average mortgagee and that it is too easy to get
unsuspecting clients to sign something which ends up "biting" them farther down the
road, which is exactly what happened in a substantial number of subprime
cases.

The people designing a system for carbon credits should look at the
successful system for sulfur credits, rather than the mortgage industry.

Cordially.   ###

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)