[Terrapreta] Whoa! the kids are in the act What's next?

Larry Williams lwilliams at nas.com
Thu Mar 6 12:01:51 CST 2008

Tom-------Who would have thunk it. The kids may be closer than we
realized. We may have to get dirty to stay up with them... are you
ready? Could it be fun on the street? What ya think?

A second review of the video doesn't have the shock value and allows
for greater appreciation of... just the facts, that is. I do like the
flash of light in the eye of the last actor... the glint of humor or
was it pleasure?

Yes, let me direct you to the technical literature below for a
definition of cryoturbation. Do you have another definition?--------
Larry

----------------------
From:
Handbook of Soil Science By Malcolm E. Sumner
"The Handbook of Soil Science provides a resource rich in data that
gives professional soil scientists, agronomists, engineers,
ecologists, biologists, naturalists, and their students a handy
reference about the discipline of soil science. This handbook serves
professionals seeking specific, factual reference information. Each
subsection includes a description of concepts and theories;
definitions; approaches; methodologies and procedures; tabular data;
figures; and extensive references."

6.6 Gelisols

J. G. Bockheim   University of Wisconsin
C. Tarnocai Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Ottawa

Quote:
"Gelic materials, in turn, are seasonally or perennially frozen
mineral or organic soil materials that have evidence of cryoturbation
(frost churning), ice segregation, or cracking from cryodesiccation."