[Terrapreta] Char sorption of water.

Brian Hans bhans at earthmimic.com
Thu Mar 6 16:23:06 CST 2008

  Im looking for a bit of help.

  Some of you with access to char, could you run a simple experiment and offer some results?

  Putting a fixed amount of charcoal in a vessel, add water until it doesnt pour out of the vessel anymore and record that sorption #.

  An example is that I put in 10g of material into a glass and started adding water until it couldnt uptake it anymore. I then poured out the excess water from the glass and recorded the amount of uptake. In this case, I got ~225% weight uptake.

  Im looking for some others results to compare my material with...

  FYI perlite = 200-600%

  Thanks for the inputs!
  Brian