[Terrapreta] carbon trading

Folke Günther folke at holon.se
Thu Mar 13 14:38:39 CDT 2008

See my blog (from the bottom) and the article ’Carbon sequestration for everybody..’ I have since long proposed that if somebody has to pay for emitting carbon dioxide (e.g. a tax), anybody that can sequester the same amount of carbon (e.g. as charcoal in soil),should be paid the same amount, as a ‘negative’ tax. It’s just fair.

Moreover, just imagine if you culd be paid an amount corresponding to the Swedish carbon dioxide tax, 1 SEK (€ 0.1)/kg carbon dioxide = 3.67 SEK (€0.37) /kg charcoal buried in the soil. One tonne (easy to fix!) would give you € 370, a good extra on the other harvest. Imagine you really go for it and grow industrial hemp for carring. It could easily give 20 tonnes dw, with a charcoal yield of at least six tonnes per hectare.

The problem is not really the charring, but the politics around the creation of a fail carbon tax.

The methods to reverse the global warming are there, and a lot of willing people.

We are just waiting for the poitical descisions.

Folke Günther

Kollegievägen 19

224 73 Lund, Sweden

home/office: +46 46 14 14 29

cell:               0709 710306  skype:  folkegun

Homepage:     http://www.holon.se/folke
blog: http://folkegunther.blogspot.com/

  _____