[Terrapreta] What is so bad about global warming?

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu Mar 13 23:58:08 CDT 2008

Dear Sean

Has anyone on the List actually tried to buy and to sell Carbon Credits?
What would be the "Buy" and the "Sell" prices?

Does anyone know where the present Carbon Credits are coming from?

Do the Carbon Credits purchased balance with the Carbon Credits sold?

Is it presently possible to make money producing char for Terra Preta

Has the agricultural benefit of Terra Preta been quantified, and reduced
to dollar terms?

Are there any Farmers anywhere in the World actually buying char to make
Terra Preta because of a perceived commercial benefit? If not, what is
the "Loss per tonne of carbon that would have to be offset" before it
would be commercially advantageous for the Farmer to make Terra Preta?

Best wishes,

Kevin