[Terrapreta] What is so bad about global warming?

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Fri Mar 14 10:32:46 CDT 2008

 From   http://biocharfund.com//index.php

Terrestrial carbon sequestration is recognised both by the
International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as well as by the
European Union as a viable method to reduce emissions. However, this
technique to offset carbon emissions has not been taken up in the
Kyoto Protocol (and its Clean Development Mechanism). Scientists, NGOs
and conservation groups are therefor advocating its inclusion in a
post-Kyoto agreement.

I have talked with several us based co's and verification is an issue

the low value of carbon offsets is only of value to wind power and
utility scale hydropower. This is why Folke's posting about the
Swedish carbon tax was interesting