[Terrapreta] Net Present Value and Net Future Value ofTP Benefits

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Mar 16 00:18:19 CDT 2008

Hi Mark,

Thanks for these comments.  It seems that you recognize the lameness of testing the work of doing Terra Preta formation in soil with "present value" and "future value" estimates.  I can assure you, these hoop tests put up by "the want-to-be willing" won't stop me trying things or speaking in support of making Terra Preta a bigger reality in more peoples minds than it is now.

I think the formation of Terra Preta -like soils (and carbon sinks) can be a great solution (the greatest even) to many of the worlds current problems.  I'd put most of its value into the future, too.  But, that might be just me.  I have a son and daughter and wish for them to have a better life than mine and for them to try to make the world better for their children (my grandchildren someday).  Pay it forward.  The past rarely ever returns or makes payments.  Well, until I was born.