[Terrapreta] Present and Future Benefits of TP

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:24:42 CDT 2008

Hi Sean,

I'm jumping into this in the middle without carefully following the thread.
Apologies if I am missing your point.

The emphasis on "slash and char" is in the context of replacing the "slash
and burn" techniques used by millions of subsistence farmers who live along
the frontiers of tropical deforestation and in other poverty-stricken and
soil-depleted  areas. I don't know how appropriate a term this would be in
the modern industrial farming scene. With regard to the frontiers of
tropical deforestation it could have a HUGE impact.

This is why http://biocharfund.com//index.php was created.

Again, apologies if I've missed your meanings.

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets