[Terrapreta] Has anyone made this kiln?

KELPIE WILSON kelpie at dishmail.net
Mon Mar 31 16:53:59 CDT 2008

Of all the backyard designs I've seen this looks like the cleanest for
minimum effort. I am think of trying the one barrel design. Has anyone
else tried this particular design?

http://www.twinoaksforge.com/BLADSMITHING/MAKING%20CHARCOAL.htm

"The concept is simple.  Start a fire under the container.   Begin
driving off the gases.  Route these gases back under the container.
Ignite the gases with the fire already burning under the container.
Use these gases to drive of more gas and ignite without adding any
other fuel to the fire.  When the gas is all driven off the fire dies.
Let everything cool off, open the container and you have charcoal."

--
Kelpie Wilson
www.kelpiewilson.com