[Terrapreta] Compost ( was Char made made under pressurized conditions? )

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 18:48:25 CDT 2008

I don't think that we can just let it set there "in situ" completely.

In some places it's so dry that unless we add moisture at low levels, and some minor mixing to ensure that the material on top also composts, rather than just sit there.

I continuously add rotted hay, urine soaked straw, and rabbit poo, to my garden, and it composts over the year, but, I only mess with the top layer ( until I add another layer ), to make sure that it doesn't compact as multiple layers can do - what I'm working for, is finished material at the bottom, and fresh material at the top, and a gradual change from fresh to finished.

Greg H.