[Terrapreta] Char and compost ( was Char made made under pressurized conditions? )

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 18:54:49 CDT 2008

I would rather add it not to the compost, but to the fresh manure and urine - this is where nutrient losses are at it greatest.

Only if I can't add it to the litter, would I then add it to the compost, once the manure and urine get to the compost, there are other materials there that will "collect it".

Char added to compost is going to act more as a " home " for microbial life, than a nutrient sponge.

Greg H.