[Terrapreta] Scientific American Story on Charcoal Decomposition

Edward Someus edward at terrenum.net
Sun May 4 22:47:21 CDT 2008

Dear Folke,

Pls find encl the publication text PDF.  Need to be studied more in-depthly
and discussed later on. The  department of forest ecology and management,
SLU (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences) Umea  Professor David
Wardle, Professor  Marie-Charlotte Nilsson and  Professor  Olle Zackrisson
are high science Colleagues, and such rarely 10 long years executed study is
of value and should be taken very seriously.

The 10 year study - in relation to the evaluation of forest wild fires - is
executed in the Boreal forest sites in northern Sweden humus rich forest
soils  with high "dosis" 50/50 mixtures and 100% blank. The conditions and
the scenario for wild fire boreal forest is very much different than for
AGRO TP, which agricultural adaptation may also widely variate at different
places and cultivation practices world wide.

The industrialized production soil-char composite products  I develop is a
microbiologically pre-mobilized organic/inorganic complex fertilizers with
combined effects, with successful dosis 400 kg/ha up to 1000 kg/ha in
granulated form with consideration 20 cm top soil.  At this moment we have
wide soil and climatic tests ongoing in Italy, The Netherlands, Germany,
Israel, UK and Hungary.

I have distributed the publication to my Colleagues at different soil
science groups at UK, NL, DE, IT Universities and for experience / knowledge
exchange I will make follow up and direct discussion with the SLU Professors
as well.

However, KEVIN may have right: "Reading between the lines of the article,
one could guess at the general content of the Paper, but the article was
presented in a shallow, sensationalist manner that would likely leave with
the uninitiated reader with the impression that charcoal in soil was "a bad
thing." "

KEEP IN TOUCH.

Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)
HOMEPAGE:  http://www.terrenum.net
EMAIL 1:        edward at terrenum.net
EMAIL 2:        edward.someus at gmail.com
3R Environmental Technologies Ltd.
ADDRESS: H-1222 Budapest, Szechenyi 59, Hungary
TEL handy:  +(36-20) 201 7557
TEL / FAX:   +(36-1) 424 0224
TEL SKYPE phone via computer:  Edward Someus
3R TERRACARBON:   http://www.terrenum.net
3R CLEANCOAL ENERGY:   http://www.vertustechnologies.com  http://www
nvirocleantech.com