[Terrapreta] White Coal

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:12:22 CDT 2008

*Has anyone ever heard of this??*

*Posted:* May 6, 2008
*Post Expires:* November 2, 2008
White Coal Source/Info for Power Plant?

We are working on a project to build a power plant in Massachusetts and
looking for a local source of white coal as the source to create the power.
In addition, we are looking for more information of the use of this
product.  Our focus is to provide power to local communities and beyond if
program is successful.  Plant will have the ability to burn coal; however
white coal is reportedly cleaner, so we would prefer to go that route for a
variety of reasons.  Partner is prominent building contractor in the
Northeast.

It's called 'white coal' - it may be a byproduct combined with agricultural
waste or a cleaner coal product.   This may be an accurate definition of it,
"*White coal* is a form of fuel produced by drying chopped wood over a fire.
It differs from charcoal which is carbonised wood. White coal was used in
England to smelt lead ore from the mid-sixteenth to the late seventeenth
centuries. It produces more heat than green wood but less than charcoal and
thus prevents the lead evaporating. White coal was produced in distinctive
circular pits with a channel, known as Q-pits. They are frequently found in
the woods of South Yorkshire."

*Contact Information:*
Brett Robbins
(619) 269-3602
Brett at REOprofit.comemail address (requires JavaScript)
http://SteadfastREOs.com<http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/general.redirect/url/http%3A%5E%5ESteadfastREOs%2Ecom>
http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/businessconnections.display/id/2607

--
Michael the Archangel
"Politicians will never solve The Problem;