[Terrapreta] Char Addition Parameters

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Sat May 10 11:25:19 CDT 2008

Kevin

There are some other options for addition, though i have not done them
myself.

Banding using a side dressing implement on tractor to put charcoal in
soil next to seed in planting.

using as one would put bonemeal in a planting hole for transplants
like tomatoes, etc, again getting best milage for charcoal in root zone.

rehabilitation sickly  or fertilizing trees by digging trenches or
using a heavy bar or augar to drill multiple holes  around dripline
possibly combined with innoculum or fertilizer (from Ogawa)

In my vegetable patch at home I am now composting charcoal and alfalfa
with soil and plan to spread as mulch to work into garden soil for
winter vegetables.

Rich