[Terrapreta] subscribe

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue May 13 00:09:08 CDT 2008

Dear May

You have a fabulous opportunity to investigate Terra Preta!

Is there already Terra Preta in your area? Can you learn from what is
there now?

Could you describe the kinds of land you have available for your work?

Do you have an analysis of soil on which /bixa orellana and pineapple/
presently grow successfully? Do you have an analysis of your own soil?

Would you be interested in attempting to find out how teh Brazilian
Indians of 4,000 years ago built up their fields to what we now know as
Terra Preta?

Do you have any low lying or swampy areas that may contain black carbon
soil deposits from the anaerobic decomposition of vegetative matter?

How do you propose to provide the nutrients necessary for good plant growth?

Your charcoal should be quite good for use in providing charcoal to the
soil.

Regrettably, your pictures got cut from the e-mail posting.

Best wishes,

Kevin