[Terrapreta] composting toilet

geoff moxham teraniageoff at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:32:42 CDT 2008

Hi Jim,
We have been using crushed char in the composter for a year and a half.
Trouble is the product is so good anyway it's hard to pick an
improvement in our red volcanic( kraznozem?).
The paw paw has 63 set fruit on it, some huge, and it was planted with
2kgs char.
A young jackfruit set fruit about 2 years early. No hard data.

I use worms as well in the toilet, especially when overloaded by visitors.

Our 2yo boy's potty got left for 5 days once, because I am an absent
minded prof type, and it was out of sight, and i had poured a cupful
of fine char over it. There was NO smell. For 5 days! Sorry if that's
too much information....

Char-filled nappies must surely be already happening in this
image-obsessed world.
regards
Geoff