[Terrapreta] Charcoal from tree bark

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 08:49:03 CDT 2008

I don't know who is doing the figuring, but in many places bark and wood chips is used as cost effective landscaping material & mulch.    Many saw mills also use the bark for heating, by burning it.

I suppose that you could use char the same way, but until char costs about the same as bark chips, people will continue to choose the bark chips / wood chips for landscaping.

Greg H.