[Terrapreta] Just wondering . . .

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue May 20 13:51:43 CDT 2008

Dear Jim

Jim Joyner wrote:
> I'm just wondering, looking through the last 50 to 100 list emails, I
> have a hard time finding any of it that has anything at all to do with
> Terra Preta. This is as bad as spam any day. Are there not other
> discussion boards and lists for this stuff?

Tom Miles, List Owner recently posted the following Guidelines:

All,

 There is no need to wonder. This list is about:

1.       the intentional use of charcoal in soil

2.       sequestration of carbon using charcoal, and

3.       production of charcoal

See: http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/about

I am the owner, sponsor and principal host of the list. List moderators
are: Erich Knight, Michael Bailes and Ron Larson.

 Let's keep the discussion and postings on terra preta. We depend on the
list members to keep their discussion focused on the topic. There are
many interesting tangential topics for which there are abundant forums
on the internet. In the more  than 20 years that I have hosted or
moderated online discussion lists this is probably the worst list when
it comes to people wanting to wander off topic.

 Thanks for your cooperation.

 Kind regards,

 Tom Miles

If these guidelines were followed, then the "Signal/Noise Ratio" would
be improved considerably.

Best wishes,

Kevin