[Terrapreta] Amazon cattle ranging

Biopact biopact at biopact.com
Wed May 21 16:25:30 CDT 2008

Max,
thanks for your contributions, you seem to have field experience.

What's your take on the debate about avoided deforestation (AD) or REDD: should the international community use a fund based approach, or should carbon markets be allowed to work? And should you start from a current baseline or from historic deforestation rates?

And which combination of approaches do you think allows best 'selective' logging? I can imagine that if the international community prefers a fund-based approach and opts for a baseline model, then they will want to work on the basis of totally intact forests only.